Part 1: 3 Ingredient Deodorant
Part 1: 3 Ingredient Deodorant
I am not a “Health Nut” per se, but I try to be mindful of what I put in and on my body. When I make beauty purchases, I look for products with the least amount of ingredients, and as few man-made chemicals as possible. I know this may not be practical all the time (I’m not giving up my Woman Made Lashify Lashes lol) but I look at it as every choice matters and helps.
In my quest to be mindful of the deodorants I use I came to realize that most contain ingredients that are actually harmful to my body and counterintuitive to their job-to neutralize odor. As I started learning more about the effects of antiperspirants (which I had used for 2 decades +) I decided a change was long overdue. And so, I set out to create a deodorant that not just worked to eliminate the bacteria that cause BO but would also leave my skin healthy, refreshed, and loved. And now, I would like to share the experience with YOU!
There are only 3 ingredients in this lovely deodorant, and it takes less than 5 minutes to make it: Tea Tree oil, witch hazel, and vanilla musk. (The scent, vanilla musk is a personal preference and can be switched out for whatever essential oil you like!)
After using my new deodorant for a few weeks, I was shocked at how well it worked, and it is highly due to that lovely key ingredient- Tea Tree oil. Tea Tree oil comes from the leaves of…. (wait for it) the Tea Tree! The natural chemicals in Tea Tree oil are found to eliminate bacteria (the cause of BO) and other microbes while also reducing swelling caused by allergens (which our skin is constantly being exposed to, especially if you live in the city.) + so much more! This combined with witch hazel, which soothes the skin and closes the pores, and the essential oil that provides a perfumed element creates a deodorant that is pleasing to the nose and good for the Body!
I am excited to share my recipe below, with links to the brands I love and use! If you try it out, please let me know what you think!! XO
Elisha’s Natural Deodorant
100 ML Witch Hazel
30 Drops Tea Tree Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Musk Oil
- Pour 30 ML of witch hazel in a glass spray bottle (I use this one).
- Add 30 drops of Tea Tree oil.
- Add 1 tsp of essential oil.
- Shake to mix well.
- Add remaining 60 to 70 ml’s witch hazel.
- Shake to mix well and you are done!
Tips & Tricks:
– Shake well before each use.
– Should last about 6 weeks using 5 sprays under each arm.
– Color will slightly deepen over time. This is normal.
– For max strength (recommended for people who do not shave), double the amount of Tea Tree oil. When there is hair present, it is harder for the Tea Tree oil to reach the skin, this tip helps with that!
– If you are looking for a masculine scent, my husband loves Sandalwood.
– If you have been using an anti-perspirant I have found it takes about a week for most bodies to detox. Start your new deodorant over a weekend. You may need to apply multiple times a day until your body sweats out the impurities. Then the Tea Tree oil will prevent bacteria (which is the cause of BO) from living under your arms!